The Maine Brewers’ Guild Winter Session beer fest comes to Portland (the other Portland) on Saturday February 29, 2020. The fest takes place from 1:00pm to 5:00pm at the Brick South Building. Tickets are still available!
If you’re attending the Winter Session, you may also be interested in the New England Brew Summit, a business-to-business conference for the craft beer industry. The proceeds for both events go to support the work of promoting and protecting Maine Brewers.
All of Maine’s top brewers will be at the Winter Session, including Allagash, Maine Beer Company, Bissel Brothers, Foundation, Battery Steele, Atlantic Brewing, and more. And if you don’t see your favorite brewery on our full list, don’t fret. The Guild also hosts a Summer Session, which we’ll be covering later this year.
One note for our full guide to this fest – a quick look at the data shows that most of the beers at the fest are new releases or from breweries with very few reviews. Of the 228 beers announced for the beer fest, just 156 have reviews on Untappd. Of those 156, here are the top rated beers we recommend you try.
1. Lawson’s Finest Liquids – Sip of Sunshine (Rating: 4.4 | Reviews: 164k)
2. Mast Landing Brewing – Imperial Gunner’s Daughter (Rating: 4.3 | Reviews: 1.6k)
3. Sasanoa Brewing – Big Island (Rating: 4.3 | Reviews: 25)
4. Vitamin Sea – Double Winter (Rating 4:3 | Reviews 656)
5. Deciduous Brewing – Lollipop Forest (Rating: 4.2 | Reviews: 2.9k)
If you made it all this way, why not check out our full guide to the Maine Brewers Guild Winter Session: http://bit.ly/2OZM0a0